Friday, October 23, 2015

OK Google

What are some of the commands you can ask "OK Google"?  Here is a list below that I found on this site, greenbot.com.  Check out the video as well. Have fun!


Some commands:
  1. How old is [Neil deGrasse Tyson]?
  2. Where was [Louis C.K.] born?
  3. Define [colloquial] (Or “What does [colloquial] mean?”)
  4. What time is it in [Tokyo]?
  5. Search for [photography tips]
  6. Show me pictures of [the Leaning Tower of Pisa]
  7. Do I need an umbrella today? What’s the weather like? What’s the weather in [New Orleans] [this weekend]?
  8. What the [Google] stock price? What is [Apple] trading at?
  9. What’s [182 yards] in [miles]? What is [12 ounces] in [liters]?
  10. What’s [135] divided by [7.5]? (A great many types of math equations will work.)
  11. Search [Tumblr] for [cat pictures] (more apps are added to this search-within-apps function all the time)
  12. Open [greenbot.com]
  13. Take a picture (“Take a photo” also works)
  14. Record a video
  15. Open [Spotify]
  16. Turn [on / off] [Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Flashlight]
  17. What’s the tip for [123 dollars]?
  18. Set an alarm for [6:30 am]
  19. Set a timer for [20 minutes]
  20. Create a calendar event: [Dinner with Glenda, Saturday at 9pm.]
  21. Remind me to [buy coffee at 7am] (try locations! Remind me to [buy coffee filters at Walgreens])
  22. What is my schedule for tomorrow? (also: What does my day look like [Friday]?)
  23. Where’s my package? (tracking confirmation must be in Gmail)
  24. Make a note: [update my router firmware] (also try “Note to self:” This works with multiple apps, and you can even email yourself!)
  25. Find [Florence Ion’s] [phone number] (Works with all info in your contacts - addresses, birthdays, etc.)
  26. Show me my bills. (or: My bills due this week.)
  27. Call [Cartman] on speakerphone
  28. Text [Susie] [great job on that feature yesterday] (also works with relationships: Text [mom] [I’m not going to be able to pick you up from the airport, period, I’m a bad son, period])
  29. Send email to [Robert Baratheon], subject, [hunting], message, [I don’t think you should drink so much when you go hunting, period]
  30. Post to [Twitter]: [Oh my god the Red Wedding episode!]
  31. What is French for [I am Charlie]?
  32. [Send a Hangout message] to [Dad].
  33. Send a [Viber] message to [Derek]: Hang on, I'm going to get more coffee. (works with WhatsApp, Viber, WeChat, Telegram, and NextPlus)
  34. Where is the nearest [sushi restauraunt]?
  35. Navigate to [Willis Tower, Chicago] 
  36. Directions to [Fisherman’s Wharf] by [bike] (also try “Directions home” or “How do I get home?”)
  37. Where is [the Louvre]?
  38. Show me the menu for [Green Chile Kitchen]
  39. Call [Asian Art Museum]
  40. Show me my flight info
  41. Where’s my hotel?
  42. What are some attractions around here?
  43. How do you say [good night] in [Japanese]?
  44. What is [50,000 yen] in [dollars]?
  45. What’s the flight status of [United] flight [735]?
  46. Show me restaurants near my hotel -or- Give me directions back to my hotel (this works if your hotel confirmation was sent to your gmail account
  47. What is the loneliest number?
  48. Do a barrel roll!
  49. Tilt
  50. Go go Gadget [Spotify]
  51. When am I?
  52. Make me a sandwich
  53. Sudo make me a sandwich
  54. Who’s on first?
  55. Who are you?
  56. Beam me up, Scotty!
  57. What is [Jennifer Lawrence’s] Bacon number?
  58. What is the meaning of life?
  59. Remind me to....
  60. Wake me up in....


  • Play some music (opens “I’m feeling lucky” radio station in Google Play Music)

    1. Next Song / Pause Song
    2. Play [Happy] (songs must be in Google Play Music on your device)
    3. Watch [The Lego Movie] (movies and TV must be in your Google Play account)
    4. What’s this song?
    5. Listen to TV
    6. What songs does [Pharrell] sing?
    7. Read [Hunger Games]
    8. Did the [Giants] win today? What’s the score in the [Warriors] game?
    9. What movies are playing [tonight]? Where is [Toy Story] playing?

    No comments:

    Post a Comment